Re: Compound queries (join Place to Individual records)

Mike Tate

Hi Barbara,

You didn’t mention the FH Help pages which are another useful resource.

There is also the FHUG Forum where it is sometimes possible to find answers.

It is often easier to enter into a dialogue there than it is here because sample Queries can be attached.

In the FHUG Knowledge Base have you found the many custom Queries in the Downloads?

Also, see ‘An Overview of Queries’: https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/an-overview-of-queries/

That explores ‘Custom Query Types’ and I think Fact type Queries will work for your search.

They let your Rows filter test the %FACT.PLAC% of every Fact (Event & Attribute).

At the same time, they can test the Name of the Fact Owner.

It is similar to the FHUG Forum posting How to Exclude on Any Fact Place Contains:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19993

Mike Tate