Compound queries (join Place to Individual records)

Barbara Zanzig

I need help to formulate a query, please. With my one name study, in TMG I did a lot of filters of the sort
"find me everyone with xxx anywhere in their name and any event in a specified place". I've been playing with the Find Text query and the Events within a specified distance.

So far I can get the people or the place but haven't figured out how to join them together. I can see that I have two different types of records so I have to get them to cuddle up together somehow, but I haven't found the right combo yet and I don't think I'm quite ready for plugins.

I have found the knowledge base and the V5 Getting Started with FH book and I'm reading the help files--are there other resources I should know about?

--Barbara