Managing places

Barbara Zanzig

I've just spent 3 days geocoding the German part of my one name study, and I sure don't want to do it again! How does one import and export all this excellent place data so it can be reused, edited, etc? I have about 1500 place names, not all of which are unique places.

I had to do a lot of manual lookups in Meyers Orts gazetteer for places that barely exist anymore. The names don't match the modern names so I'm adding standardized names too. I want to save a master geocoded list so it can be reapplied to other projects, if possible, or sent to other programs.

I haven't seen anything that applies in the knowledge bases or plugin store but I might not have the right search words.