Re: lost link

Mike Tate

Thank you for that information which is much clearer.

Please try these two experiments to see if the FH File > Project Window lists your Projects and let me know how you get on.

1) This PC > Documents > Family Historian > Family Historian Projects

In the File > Project Window select More Tasks… > Project List > Choose Location for Projects…

Browse to This PC > Documents > Family Historian > Family Historian Projects and click OK.

Does that list your Projects such as ‘Michael & Barbara family’ and can you open them successfully?

2) One Drive > Documents > Family Historian Projects

In the File > Project Window select More Tasks… > Project List > Choose Location for Projects…

Browse to One Drive > Documents > Family Historian Projects and click OK.

Does that list your Projects such as ‘Michael & Barbara family’ and can you open them successfully?

If all else fails then File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup on ‘FH Project Backup - Michael & Barbara family - 2021-09-22 1606.zip’ may recover that project.

But please tell me before you start that process.

To choose where backups are saved use Tools > Preferences > Backup and Select the Default Backup Folder you prefer.

Sometimes when a new version of FH is installed it may upset some of your customised settings, which then need to be reinstated.

The ‘Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings’ plugin helps avoid such problems. Please ask how to use that if you are unsure.

There are safer ways of copying your projects to OneDrive if you wish to use its storage services to backup your projects.

When the main problem is resolved I explain those methods.