Re: lost link

Mike Tate

Michael, I am sorry you having problems.

If unsure about the FH folder structure it might have been best to stop and ask about the first problem rather than try and fix it which may have made matters worse.

To help us help you please be very specific when describing what you have done. Give precise folder and file names. State precisely what commands you use.

I’m not sure what you mean by the family historian file. Do you mean the Family Historian Projects folder?

Since a project consists of much more than a GEDCOM file, just copying one GEDCOM back won’t fix the problem.

Did that get any projects displayed in the File > Projects Window? I suspect not.

I’m not sure what you mean by a ‘full save’.

Assuming the backups you mention are FH Full Backups then they are not restored from a shortcut.

You must use the File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup command.

You say you know V7 has changed the backup, but I’m not aware of any such changes. What do you think they are?

Where did your FH Backups go before?

The FH file structure is not very complex.

See https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/understanding-projects/ under Project Structure.

However, before doing anything let us take stock of where you are.

Does the Documents folder in OneDrive contain a Family Historian Projects folder?

i.e. the one you copied there in the first place.

When you open FH does the File > Projects Window list any projects?

What are they?