Re: Info in ancestor box in a diagram

calista williams

Thanks everyone - that's really helpful.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Tate <post@...>
Sent: 24 April 2020 20:18
To: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Info in ancestor box in a diagram

Hello Calista,

  1. It is not advisable to change marriage dates appearing under spouses only.
    The reason becomes clearer if you think about multiple partners and marriages.
    Your immediate relative, whether male or female, is displayed with each of their spouses alongside.
    So it is much clearer if the marriage date is only in each spouse box.
  2. As explained above it is only by chance that there appears to be a gender bias, and I advise you don’t alter that.
  3. To restore the defaults, I suggest you use the Installation Settings buttons described below.
    (If you have a great many customised settings then they can be saved before restoring defaults, and I can explain how if you ask.)
    In the Diagram Window with the Diagram displayed use Diagram > Options command.
    On the General tab click the Installation Settings button.
    On the Text tab, click Edit and then the Installation Settings button.
    That should restore the original settings that you are likely to have changed.

Regards, Mike Tate