Re: Info in ancestor box in a diagram

Brian Horridge

Calista

Personally I disagree with Mike's Point 1 below.  I appreciate that the marriage information is in the diagram but I also got confused sometimes with it not being in the "descendant's" box.

Therefore, I modified my custom text schemes to include the details of first marriage in every box for every person  (not just the spouse box). Again, I appreciate that for multiple marriages it does not always work too well but as the majority of individuals in my trees only married once I find that overall it works better for me (and my personal way of working).

I think it's been said before on this forum - if it works for you it's fine!!.

Brian

On 24/04/2020 20:18, Mike Tate wrote:

Hello Calista,

1. It is not advisable to change marriage dates appearing under
spouses only.
The reason becomes clearer if you think about multiple partners
and marriages.
Your immediate relative, whether male or female, is displayed with
each of their spouses alongside.
So it is much clearer if the marriage date is only in each spouse box.
2. As explained above it is only by chance that there appears to be a
gender bias, and I advise you don’t alter that.
3. To restore the defaults, I suggest you use the *Installation
Settings* buttons described below.
(If you have a great many customised settings then they can be
saved before restoring defaults, and I can explain how if you ask.)
In the *Diagram Window* with the *Diagram* displayed use *Diagram
> Options* command.
On the *General* tab click the *Installation Settings* button.
On the *Text* tab, click *Edit* and then the *Installation
Settings* button.
That should restore the original settings that you are likely to
have changed.

Regards, Mike Tate