From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pauline Parnell
Sent: 04 February 2020 09:03
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Importance Value of various Birth Sources

I’ve got a couple of very dodgy certificates. The first is a death certificate where the lodger was the informant and was five years out with the age. That caused a brick wall which was finally resolved by a DNA test. The second is my great-grandfather’s birth certificate. Apparently he was rather proud of the fact that he had more birthdays than the king - his real one, the date on his baptism and the date given on his birth certificate, made up to avoid the fine for late registration.

I have an interesting family 😂