"In Will" Fact

Chris Wake

Hi,

    I have several old wills from the 16th/17th century which have proved useful in discovering children and daughter’s married names. They also show if a spouse / child is still alive having previously only been identified by a baptism in a Parish Register many years ago. I am thinking of creating an “In Will” fact recording the testator and date of will for each person in each will to show they are alive at the date the will was written. Have other FH users used a different method to record this information bearing in mind that not all names mentioned in Wills at that time are Executors or beneficiaries.

Thanks

Chris