Re: Name conflict with an existing file

Mike Tate

Different people work in different ways.

Some users copy the Media files directly into the Project’s Media folder, so there is no duplicate elsewhere.

FH also allows Media files to be linked from any location outside the Project, so there is no copy inside the Project. The copy mode is an option and not mandatory.

Those techniques keep the number of Media files to an absolute minimum, and users would not want FH to delete them, especially as I believe they do not even go into the Recycle Bin.

Also, as I said, the same Media file can be linked to more than one Media record, and deleting one record should not delete the file linked to another record.

Yes, FH could give options to delete record only or both record & file, but how would that work when bulk deleting many Media records at once?

Would it be a global option, or would FH ask for each record?

It is worth remembering that the number of scenarios where Media records need deleting are really very rare.

In your case, where I believe the Media record needed renaming, that could be done without deleting the Media record.

Regards, Mike Tate