Debbie,

No.  When opening Family Historian it isn't open until I select a field that does have a citation.  What I do is click on the field and then click on the yellow scroll icon in the property box.  This opens the citation list pane.  I then select a citation and click on the icon with the yellow scroll and pencil at the bottom of the citation list pane which opens the citation window.  Sometimes one or both will disappear when I do different things in FH, but I can always get them back by doing one of both of these things.  I just like this layout rather than having the citation window floating over the focus window or property box which obscures too much for my taste.

Bill

On May 30 2021, at 03:35 PM Debbie Kennett wrote:

Thanks Bill. That’s worked nicely. Have you found a way to keep the source box permanently open rather than having to click on it every time you start work?

Debbie

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of BillH
Sent: 30 May 2021 21:58
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] "Citation Specific Details" Box

Debbie,

In Preferences select Property Box and half way down is "Preferred Position for Citation List Pane".  Set those options to "Open in New Window".

The Citation List Pane is the actual name of the Sources for window.

Bill

On May 30 2021, at 10:12 AM Debbie Kennett wrote:

Bill

I like the look of your layout.

How did you manage to get “Sources for…” box to be a floating window?

Debbie