In Preferences select Property Box and half way down is "Preferred Position for Citation List Pane".  Set those options to "Open in New Window".

The Citation List Pane is the actual name of the Sources for window.

Bill

On May 30 2021, at 10:12 AM Debbie Kennett wrote:

Bill

I like the look of your layout.

How did you manage to get “Sources for…” box to be a floating window?

Debbie

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of BillH
Sent: 30 May 2021 17:23
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] "Citation Specific Details" Box

If you look at this post on the FHUG forum, you can see what I did to make it look more like it did in FH 6.  This may work for you.  If you scroll down in the forum post you will see a screen shot of my layout.

https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19000

Bill

On May 30 2021, at 12:20 AM Mim Smith wrote:

In the previous version of FH, the "Citation Box" on the right side of the property box was made up of two parts.  By clicking once on one of the sources I had used for a fact, I could see other details immediately - such as 'assessment' and 'text from source'.  So if the source was a particular parish register that i had a copy of the page, i would make it a primary assessment and note that i actually had a copy of it.  Or if a census, I would record that as secondary with the census reference number.  However, now i have to double click to open the source, and then click on another tab to see it as there is now only one very long "Citation Box" and I have not been able to work out how to make it show these details easily.  To have to double click and then further click to view data that was previously showing is not really working for me.  How can I force those details to show as on the previous version of FH?  Sorry, but I think I've searched everywhere for this issue, but couldn't find an answer.  Thanks.