Re: "Citation Specific Details" Box

Mike Tate

Hi Min,

You are not the first to have that problem when switching from FH v6 to FH v7.

However, once you get used to the new technique most find it better than in FH v6.

As you say, the initial yellow Citation List pane now only lists the Source Citations but no Citation specific details.

You must click its Edit Source Citation button lower left to open the floating yellow Citation window.

That Citation window shows both the Source record and the Citation-specific details together, which is often more convenient than having to switch to the Source record as was necessary in FH v6. Also, that floating Citation window can be left open (just like the Fact Witnesses window) so next time you select a Source the details appear without needing an extra click.

What some users do is adjust the size and position of that Citation window so it sits over the unused part of the yellow Citation List pane where the Citation specific details used to appear in FH v6.

Others use Tools > Preferences > Property Box and change the Preferred Position for Citation List Pane to Open in New Window.

Then that can float outside the main FH window and be reduced in size to avoid the unused white expanse.

The floating Citation window can be adjusted to sit just below the Citation List Pane window.

You then have a setup that is very similar to FH v6 but the Citation window now lists not just Citation-specific details but all the Source record details too.

If you don’t like the Text From Source and Notes on a separate tab then they can be customised to appear on the front Citation tab.

Mike Tate