Re: How do I see the full citation

Mike Tate

Sandra,

Some tips regarding splitter versus lumped Source Templates.

  1. Method 1 Splitter Source Templates
    The default template definitions mostly use this method. One exception is the
    Civil Registration Index template.
    This allows any source Fields defined in the template to be included in the Footnote Format that appears in the Sources section of Reports.
    Therefore you can include all the Fields of data that you enter in the Sources for Reports, which I think is what you requested.

Similarly, any source Fields can be included in the Record Title Format and Bibliography Format
This method needs one new Source record for every certificate.

  1. Method 2 Lumped Source Templates
    This will usually need Citation-specific Fields to hold details particular to each certificate.
    They can be included in the Footnote Format that appears in the Sources section of Reports.
    Therefore you can include all the Fields of data that you enter in the Sources for Reports, which I think is what you requested.
    However, Citation-specific Fields cannot be included in the Record Title Format and Bibliography Format which is logical.
    This method reuses the same Source record for many certificates.