Re: How do I see the full citation

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Yes, if you make a copy of the Source Template Definition you can change the copy (I suggest you remove the original so that you don’t get confused and use the wrong one). That’s the best option if you’ll want to use the same template in multiple projects.  If you only have a single project, you can modify the standard Source Template Record within the project: use View > Other Record Lists > Source Templates from the menu, and double click on the one you want to change. Yu won’t be able to copy the changes you make this way back to a Source Template Definition though.

To have the Source Template Records always visible, go to Tools > Preferences and choose the Records Window option in the left hand pane. The set Source Templates to Always show.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Santa Traugott
Sent: 24 May 2021 19:55
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] How do I see the full citation

I want all of the information that I entered in the Civil Registration Essential Source Template to be displayed in the footnotes.  So far, I can’t make that happen.  The only thing that is displayed in a footnote  is the source title.  I interpreted Mike to say that in order to make the other fields entered in the Source Template display, I would have to change the Source Template definitions.  But it turns out that the Essential Source Template definitions cannot be edited so as to add fields to what is displayed.  Instead, you have to make a copy of the template, and on that copy, you can specify the fields of the Source Template that you want displayed.

But I am so confused now.