Re: How do I see the full citation

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Sandra, do you actually need to add fields? Or just get the existing fields to show up in the footnote/source list?

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Santa Traugott
Sent: 24 May 2021 19:07
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] How do I see the full citation

I think that there is a small caveat to the first sentence above.   That is, the Essential Source Template Definitions themselves cannot be edited to add fields.   What I glean from reading the documentation (and experimenting with trying to do it) is that one would have to clone the source template definition, thereby producing a Custom Source Template, which can then be edited to add fields.    Please correct me if I have misunderstood this.

Producing a set of custom templates that generates footnotes as I want them to be would seem to at least assure consistency in sourcing, as opposed to going the generic sourcing route.