Re: Estimated Date in Range

Adrian Bruce

I did suggest a change to optionally remove the quotes when printing a Date Phrase in a narrative report but nothing has come of it yet. The quotes need to be on the GEDCOM file but I find it difficult to think of any circumstances when you'd want to see the quotes in a narrative.

Mike Tate did come up with a construction for v7 (which is why I've not tried it) to remove the quotes - this was an expression to check if the Date Type was a phrase, and then, if it was, used MidText to pull out the text from column 2 to column last but one. (If it isn't a Phrase, just use the date "as is")

The above is from my notes so I may have missed a bit.