Re: Importing a created tree into another created tree

Mike Tate

If I have understood correctly, you want to integrate your two Projects into one Project.

Then all the people in your GM Project would be included in your GF Project (and you could delete your GM Project).

Presumably, some people currently appear as ancestors of your Grandmother in both Projects, i.e. her father’s family line.

Are the facts and other details recorded against those ancestors identical in both Projects?

You cannot just click on your Grandmother and include a GEDCOM like that.

However, the File > Merge/Compare File… command does integrate a GEDCOM file into a Project.

It does so by comparing records in the Project with records in the GEDCOM to find matches.

Bear in mind that it does not just cope with Individual records but also Family, Note, Source, Media, Place, etc, records.

The FHUG Knowledge Base has advice on using the Merge/Compare File command:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/merge-compare-file/

When you have studied that advice and have answers to my questions above I’m sure you will reply with your own questions.

Mike