Re: Print to PDF no longer creates a file

Mike Tate

Sorry guys, but none of Save, Ctrl+S or Ctrl+C have anything to do with saving Diagram Charts.

Save and Ctrl+S only save the GEDCOM data.

To save a Chart use Diagram > Save Diagram or Diagram > Save Diagram As > Family Historian Chart.

I bet when you closed the Diagram it asked if you wanted to save the changes and that is the clue it has not been saved.

Regarding the PDF printing, it is possible that the Family Historian PDF Nova printer driver or print spooling have been upset.

Se the FHUG Knowledge Base options for resetting those features:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:family_historian_installation_problems#save_as_pdf_file_output_is_not_enabled

Regards, Mike Tate