Re: FH7 Evidence Based (Source-driven Data Entry) Templates

colevalleygirl@colevalleygirl.co.uk

Adrian, I’ve always considered the Access Date as telling people ‘well, it was there when **I** looked at it’, having been burned in the past by vanishing websites and people complaining that my sources were wrong as a result.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Bruce

Personally, I wouldn't put the Year of Access in either. We had a discussion about this in the User Group, IIRC, and some people said that the Access Date was an analogy for the Edition of a book and should appear by that analogy. My own view is that's a misleading analogy because I can go and consult a different edition (sometimes) whereas there is no way that I can consult that collection in anything other than the current year, so the Year of Access is useless data. But if it's in the ESM format, you may want to stick to that!