Re: Media Window Problem

Andrew Braid

Mike

In the media window workspace the show media icon is greyed out.

When I click on the show media icon in the property box the citation widow appears and it is there where the show media arrow produces the error message.

I can't remember the record I was using yesterday but in a random sample today all have the same result.

I have no broken links.

Andrew

On 08/05/2021 10:12, Mike Tate wrote:

Andrew,

It is of course possible that v7.0.5 has introduced a bug, although unlikely.

Do you mean the Media Window workspace or the Media Tab of another record? I suspect the latter.

I think the image shown in the lower pane may be a thumbnail retrieved from the ThumbCache.dat file.

That may still get shown even when the file itself is unavailable.

Was it exactly the same Media file that opened via the Open in Editor/Player button successfully yesterday?

Use the Tools > External File Links… command and tick Show Broken Links Only.

What does that reveal?

Mike Tate