Re: Historian3

Lorna Craig

This is from the FHUG Knowledge Base, and might help:

Repeated Licence Details Request

If ƒh requests the Licence Details to be re-entered every time it is run, then try running as Administrator.

Right-click on the ƒh icon and choose Run as administrator from the dropdown menu that appears (the exact details may vary with different versions of Windows). You may have to enter an Administrator password. You will need to re-enter your Licence Name and Registration Key, but should find that thereafter, the details have ‘stuck’.

Lorna

On 06/04/2021 13:32, alisonwiblin6@... wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this group, but have been using Historian3 for years.  I have recently got a new computer, and therefore re-installed, via Historian3 on my new computer.  But every time I open Family Historian it asks for the key number.  Which I have and put in, and it tells me that it has stored the key.  But it does not store it as I have to input it every time.  Its a long key and I do copy and paste it, but nevertheless is a bit annoying.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Alison
_