Re: Entering Siblings with Unknown Parents

Brian Horridge

John

When I'm in the same situation as you, I've simply gone into the "Focus" window and selected the "Parents and Siblings" tab and there is an option towards the bottom to "Add Sibling".  It does create a Family without parents but you do not have to enter their details (unless you want to).

Brian

On 31/03/2021 19:15, johnfirr via groups.io wrote:
I have come across three parish burials in a small hamlet which are almost certainly three siblings. However although I am pretty confident that they are siblings I have no idea who the parents are. However it does not appear that FH will allow you to enter siblings without a parent ( I guess this is something to do with family groups) so the only way I can see to do it is to enter a dummy parent called unknown unknown ( if mother) or unknown surname ( if father)

Am I on the right track or is there a more elegant solution?

regards
John Firr