I use FTM for synching with ancestry.com now.
I treat ancestry.com as the master for now.
I will experiment with the other way also.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 04:21, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

There is a way of ‘synchronising’ FH with Ancestry by exporting the GEDCOM file to either Family Tree Maker or Roots Magic that offer tight synchronisation with Ancestry.

That way all updates are performed in FH as your master database and propagated out to FTM/RM and Ancestry.

If you are interested there is advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base and Forum discussion threads.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of peterrham@...
Sent: 16 March 2020 02:01
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] searching for best documentation on making tree small

… My main challenge is integrating with ancestry.com. So, i think that i will use more than one program. One to interface with ancestry.com and probably this one for family tree diagrams and this reporting which is also pretty good. Integrating with Lua for plugins is exciting. I'm probably won't get that far, but i'm a software engineer, so i might try!

Thanks so much!
Peter