Re: Import - multiple copes of media?

David Hodgson-Brown

A lot of cloud backups allow versioning of files which allows you to go back to any date /time so you don't need to keep multiple copies.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Atkinson <patkinson1943@...>
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 9:48:50 AM
To: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Import - multiple copes of media?

When you keep ''3 generations'' it is of course computer speak for ''3 files'' not generations as in family/people lines.
Have to remember some are not totally computer literate.
Peter.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021, 09:42 John, <johngunson@...> wrote:
Hi Sally & Victor,

Project backups don't have to go to the hard drive do they? I send my back-ups to a USB stick by default. I keep 3 generations, so you can tell how old I am, as that is how I was taught on main-frames!!

John