Re: Gedcom help

Helena Coney

Hello Mike

I have spent the last two days inputting the occupations manually in the new FH files but still have the main file of over 17000 names to do!  I am still waiting a reply from S&N.  The only other missing information is relating to the census – the date and address are there but not the age or description/occupation – this is in FH.

I received Tree View for Christmas and transferred all my files from Roots magic, hence me still having a back up of the Roots magic files.  However I have made various updates since then (no record kept) so would prefer to use the TV Gedcom and merge it in either FH with the RM Gedcom or in RM and then transfer to FH!

Which is the best way to merge in FH?  The TV into the RM or RM into TV?

Helena

The bladon family history study

Registered with the Guild of One-Name Studies

https://bladonfamilyhistory.wordpress.com