Re: Gedcom help

Helena Coney

Hi Mike

I did Email S&N yesterday so still waiting their reply.  I have checked the reports and nothing is shown. This is the Gedcom for Thomas Bladon

2 FORM LINEAGE-LINKED

1 CHAR ANSI

0 @I1@ INDI

1 NAME Thomas /Bladon/

2 GIVN Thomas

2 SURN Bladon

1 SEX M

1 BIRT

2 PLAC Findern, Derbyshire

1 BAPM

2 DATE 29 Apr 1577

2 PLAC Findern, Derbyshire

1 DEAT

2 DATE ABT 1655

2 PLAC Potter Somersal, Derbyshire

1 OCCU

2 DATE

2 PLAC

1 NOTE @N1@

1 FAMS @F1@

1 FAMC @F2@

2 PEDI birth

0 @I2@ INDI

This is where it gets complicated!  I do have a back up of the 30 odd Bladon trees I wish to transfer from tree View to FH which are in Roots magic dated 27 Dec 2020.  However since then I have made some changes to each of them (in tree View) as  I started my Bladon one name study and made a lot of updates.

I did transfer the up to date file from TV to FH then merged it in FH with the Roots magic Gedcom file hoping the occupation field would remain.  I had a sort of success.  The occupation was listed in the facts tab in the property box (along with another Occupation fact remaining blank), however the occupation entry remains blank under the main tab in the property box which I then have to manually enter.

Any other suggestions?  Is there a plug in I can use?  The best way seems to be via the slightly out of date roots magic file and merging

Helena

The bladon family history study

Registered with the Guild of One-Name Studies

https://bladonfamilyhistory.wordpress.com