Re: Gedcom help

Mike Tate

Helena,

FH is pretty good at importing whatever is in the GEDCOM file.

Since the Occupations were also missing via RootsMagic then my guess is that TreeView is not exporting some (or all) of them.

I presume you chose to ‘Include private facts’ in the TreeView Export GEDCOM dialogue.

Are there any clues in the FH Windows > Log Files > Exception Report?

Are there any Unrecognised Data Fields (UDF) from Tools > Uncategorised Data.

Do you know how to review a GEDCOM file?

Open it in a plain text editor such as Windows Notepad or WordPad.

Search for 1 OCCU which is the Occupation tag. Do you find any?

Mike Tate