From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 27 February 2021 16:15
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Sources and linking media

Heather,

In the Individual Media tab click the red X and choose to Unlink Only.

That disconnects the Media but keeps it so it can be linked elsewhere.

Then you can add them to Citations using Link to Existing Media Record.

You are correct that you have been using the ‘lumped’ technique.

If you are intending to add Media and perhaps other details to your Source Citations then it may be better to switch to the ‘splitter’ technique.

I think you will find it easier to manage now that you have discovered the Media tab on the Source records.

Many users find revisiting their information in this way is very worthwhile.

You may also want to investigate using Ancestral Sources to capture all this information from scratch and finally remove your ‘lumped’ sources.

Mike

_._,_._,_