From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 27 February 2021 13:55
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Sources and linking media

Mike, quite a lot of the genealogy world (also Historian and other academics) use ‘citation’ according to e.g. the ESM definition:

“Citations are statements in which we identify our source or sources for a particular assertion. In history, citations are typically written in a sentence and paragraph form...[snip] The term citation is obviously not synonymous with the term source, and the two should not be used interchangeably.”

i.e. it is not about particular database elements but about the outputs.