From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 27 February 2021 13:42
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Sources and linking media

Paul,

The concepts of Source and Citation in GEDCOM FH terms are sometimes different from user’s perceived definitions of source and citation.

Your definition of a citation being a form of words of a reference is different from a GEDCOM FH Citation.

Your definition is more like a FH V7 template for a Footnote or Bibliography.

This kind of terminology translation is quite often necessary.