From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonathan Copeland
Sent: 14 March 2020 16:55
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Internet Data Matching problem

I believe something similar was asked a few days ago and there was an answer that suggested to me that Family Historian uses something akin to Internet Explorer as its built-in browser.  Settings were given that could be changed, but it all sounded a bit too fiddly to me ( I should say I was having the same issue as you).  I have recently installed the new version of Edge so suspect, but haven't checked, that the issue may well be related to the new Edge browser automatic settings, which is a Chrome based browser.

The alternative answer that was given was to change the settings in FamilyHistorian itself so as to open the data matches in an external browser.  I went for that option and it worked a treat.  It makes no odds to me whether I look at see the details of theses hints within FamilyHistorian or outside so I'm sticking with the changed settings.

You'll find the settings in Internet / Internet Data Matches then simply change the drop down for "Location to Display" to "External Web Browser".  A new tab will then open in your default browser, Chrome in my case.

Hopefully that's the answer to your question!

Jon