Re: Migrating to a new laptop

Mike Tate

The complexity is partly to cater for all eventualities, especially Media files stored anywhere, and partly because FH saves its custom settings all over the place.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of johnfirr via groups.io
Sent: 14 February 2021 13:58
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Migrating to a new laptop

Thanks Mike. I had seen that guidance but wasnt sure that it was correct for V7 so thanks for the clarification. You are correct that I just want to transfer between pcs and then will just use FH on the new one.
I must admit it looks a lot more complex than I thought but I will read the guidance carefully several times and proceed with caution.
Regards

John