From: Julia Vokes
Sent: Feb 14, 2021 at 10:17 AM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Migrating to a new laptop

Personally I’d do the new laptop first and keep the program you are familiar with.  But which ever route you decide to use, it’s essential to make a complete back up of everything.  When I last changed computers I actually made two backups of everything on two separate devices, external hard drives, as I would have been deviated if anything had been lost.  Bit belt and braces, but better safe than sorry!!

Julia

On 14 Feb 2021, at 08:54, Sylvia.waterson21@... wrote:

Hi everybody,
Is it best to upgrade to FH7 before migrating to a new laptop - or to migrate to a new laptop and then upgrade to FH7?
Any advice will be much appreciated

--
Neil Grantham