Re: Plugin - Files in media folder and not linked to project

James Pam

Thank you Adrian that helps me improve my understanding.

 but I still don’t understand why, when I check in a person’s property box/media I find the image that the plugin tells me is not linked to the project!

As you say the plugin:

‘ looks in the Project's media folder and checks whether the file (file in the Windows sense) has been linked to a Media Record in FH or not.

When I save images I follow the default route and save in the project not on my hard drive.

In the plugin report, the file structure is:

C:\Users\james\Documents\Family Historian Projects\Pam family\Pam family.fh_data\media\xxxjpg

I have a feeling that what I am exposing is a basic ignorance about file structures!