Re: Mystery

Brian Horridge

James

Another scenario is where several children are baptised at the same time (ie "job lot").  If this is the case for the 1814 one, it could be that the parents decided to do the older child (1813 child) again "just in case".  I have found a couple of instances of this.

Brian

On 13/02/2021 20:32, james o'kelly wrote:
Not a technical problem, but a record source, I have come across two records of christening for the same person on two different occasions, one in 1813 and another in 1814, has anyone else found this?, and how can this be? would appreciate any input, I believe they are at the same church,