Re: FH7 and One-name Studies

Robert

Mike,

I thank you for your advice. I have managed to use the =RelationPool() function as a column in the Records view, and that is extremely useful.

However, I'm struggling to find how to include the function into the Diagrams and Property Box - the Property Box being the priority for me.

Any help appreciated?

Robert

On Thursday, 11 February 2021, 10:23:50 GMT, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Assuming there is no overlap between your Family and the ONS records you may not need Flags at all.

As has been suggested earlier, use the Relationship Pool number instead.

e.g.

Run the standard ‘Query > Relatives and Relationships > Search For Orphans’ which lists Individuals grouped into their Pool number.

Your large Family will be in Pool number 1 and all other unrelated groups will be in higher-numbered Pools.

The Pool number is shown by the =RelationPool() function that can be used anywhere an Expression is allowed in Queries, Diagrams, Reports, etc.

On the Records Window for Individuals, you can configure a column with =RelationPool() so it is always available.

It can also be configured into the Property Box on the Main tab or in the Caption above.

If you find you do need Record Flags then the Search For Orphans query Result Set menu lets you ‘Set Flag on Row Records’ you have selected.

Mike Tate