Re: FH7 and One-name Studies

Robert

Mike,

I thank you for your advice. I have managed to use the =RelationPool() function as a column in the Records view, and that is extremely useful.

However, I'm struggling to find how to include the function into the Diagrams and Property Box - the Property Box being the priority for me.

Any help appreciated?

Robert

On Thursday, 11 February 2021, 10:23:50 GMT, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Assuming there is no overlap between your Family and the ONS records you may not need Flags at all.

As has been suggested earlier, use the Relationship Pool number instead.

e.g.

Run the standard ‘Query > Relatives and Relationships > Search For Orphans’ which lists Individuals grouped into their Pool number.

Your large Family will be in Pool number 1 and all other unrelated groups will be in higher-numbered Pools.

The Pool number is shown by the =RelationPool() function that can be used anywhere an Expression is allowed in Queries, Diagrams, Reports, etc.

On the Records Window for Individuals, you can configure a column with =RelationPool() so it is always available.

It can also be configured into the Property Box on the Main tab or in the Caption above.

If you find you do need Record Flags then the Search For Orphans query Result Set menu lets you ‘Set Flag on Row Records’ you have selected.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert via groups.io
Sent: 11 February 2021 08:07
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] FH7 and One-name Studies

I also like the idea of using flags to separate my actual direct family line from the ONS. I have 9,162 individuals, and 2880 families in my current 'Master' project.  The thing is, how do I set about flagging them, obviously doing one by one will take an eternity! 

Looking at it logically, I would like to be able to create a Query which extracts all my confirmed relations, and then flags them to be so as "Family" say; and then flag the rest (only the one name) as "ONS". I would then still be able to use the Orphan and Pool system independently, for whatever reason.

Any ideas on creating such a query please?

Robert

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.