locked Re: Ancestry subscription discount

Teresa Goatham

Agree, you don't lose access to your tree(s). I'm pretty sure you can still change them, add to them etc. while you don't have a sub. I definitely find when I am between subs I can also see the trees belonging to others that they have shared with me and most of the content. I can see their notes, images they have attached, but where they have added links to media on Ancestry I can see what they have attached but can't see the record transcript or the image (e.g. I can see that they have attached the 1891 census images, but not the details on it).

Without a sub I can see new DNA matches, but the info about their tree (if there is one) is limited. At present though I can go into library edition and view their full tree there. There is no problem with using the two versions at once - no need to log out of one to log in to the other. Without a sub I can contact DNA matches (from the non-library edition) but it's not possible to contact other people e.g. because there tree shows a match from either edition (but I can reply if they contact me).

Teresa

On 10/02/2021 11:16, Sue Herrington wrote:
From personal experience, you will retain your username, password and any/all trees which you have created, along with attached media images.

Sue

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021, 11:01 Frances Atherton, <frankie445@...> wrote:
I have let my membership lapse and then renewed using the discount code and I have never lost access to my trees on Ancestry.

Frances

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 10:57, Adrian Bruce <abruce6155@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021, 10:32 Paul Reeve <pg.reevegroups@...> wrote:
   ... what happens to your trees and any which have been shared with you? I have 4 trees shared with me and I wouldn't want to lose access to them.
I don't know the answer but logic says that if you cancel and become a new member, you will *not* retain your user identity - whether visibly or behind the scenes. Otherwise, surely you're not a new member?

That would imply that you didn't retain access to other people's trees because you're not you any more. My logic would even suggest that you don't retain update access to your own tree.

Now, can anyone confirm or deny my logic