Re: Prison record

John Hanson

Thanks – however this one isn’t that easy
No record of a court case that I can find in the papers (Battersea area of London is very poorly covered)
All I have is the Crime Report from the TNA CRIM9 -
Central Criminal Court: After Trial Calendars Of Prisoners on FindMyPast
These record the crime (no dates) the sentence (in his case 12 and 7 years to run concurrently)
He was in Brixton prison in 1911 and I suspect when 1921 comes out he will probably be in Dartmoor
Suddenly realised that it will be in the oldbaileyonline - https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/browse.jsp?id=def1-60-19110425&div=t19110425-60#highlight

Second wife divorces him in 1915
In 1935 he marries for the third time and finally dies in 197

So I suppose a source of the CRIM record and can link that to his 1911 census and also a court appearance (any chance of a copy of the fact from you?)
Regards

John

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of colevalleygirl@...
Sent: 10 February 2021 08:48
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Prison record

I have a custom fact for Court Appearance, with the details recorded in the note, e.g.

He was found guilty of wounding during a scuffle while drunk and sentenced to 9 calendar months Hard Labour. His son Henry Richard Roberts (10 years old at the time) gave evidence in his defence.”

I record time in prison as a Residence event, with approx. dates if I don’t have exact dates.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Hanson
Sent: 10 February 2021 08:40
To:
family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Prison record

Family history of course is about all records not jus the good ones
I have a 3th cousin three times removed (part of my personal one-name study that does back to a single progenitor in 1670) who was a naught boy in 1911 (have carnal knowledge as the prison record says)

I have the crime record sheet from FMP and having scoured FHUG and this list can’t find a way to record it

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.