From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Wake
Sent: 12 March 2020 18:40
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Trimming My Family Tree In FH

When I first start researching my Family History 20 years ago I put no limitations on who I should include in my Tree. Subsequently I now have over 5000 individuals who I am related to in one way or another. This has become unmanageable and makes research harder. What I’d like to do is trim my tree by restriction my “sideways” ancestors (I’m sure there is a correct genealogical term for this but I don’t know it) to 3 units. At the moment I have 4th,5th,6th , 7th cousins X Removed etc. included but would like to restrict this to a maximum of 3rd cousins. Is there a function / value in Family Historian that will give me the “sideways” value so I can write a query listing all 4th + cousins in my tree, and so remove them all.

Thanks

Chris