Re: Revoked will

Lorna Craig

Adrian, that’s interesting but I recall learning something slightly different.  It was my understanding that if two people died more or less simultaneously (as in the case of a bombing incident) and there was no way of knowing exactly who died first, the older person was presumed to have died first.

If it was just a case of assuming that the ‘heir’ survives longer, how would you resolve a case where the two people concerned had made each other their heirs?

Don't know about inheritance under intestacy, but there are rules about how titles are inherited if the holder and their heir die at the same time. IIRC, the heir is deemed to survive the holder for enough seconds to inherit the title. After that, it goes to the next heir - if any. (I learnt this from a railway history book!)