Re: Revoked will

Adrian Bruce

Don't know about inheritance under intestacy, but there are rules about how titles are inherited if the holder and their heir die at the same time. IIRC, the heir is deemed to survive the holder for enough seconds to inherit the title. After that, it goes to the next heir - if any. (I learnt this from a railway history book!)

Whether a similar rule exists to determine who gets what in a case of intestacy, as here, I have no idea, but it's worth bearing in mind as a possible explanation for who might get what.