Re: Recording Professional Registration

Sheila Bryant

Hi Adrian, good point. Right now I only have one other person for whom a Registration event would be applicable, so perhaps not .......

Many thanks

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 at 19:23, Adrian Bruce <abruce6155@...> wrote:
Personally, I'd record the Registration document in a source record as Mike suggests, an occupation of Teacher citing that source record, and record the date of Registration in the notes for the occupation.

Just because you can set Registration up as a separate event (if you create a custom fact) doesn't mean that you should. If you're never going to search for other Registrations, there's little point in creating a custom fact to be used once. Then again, you need to know that I have extensive notes for most of my facts, giving background information for each.

--
Sheila