Re: Unable to open file. File not found.

Mike Tate

If the name of the Project has changed then that is probably the cause.

The FHUG Knowledge Base has an article on Project Structure:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/understanding-projects/

There are four folders and files that are crucial to a valid Project structure.

Under the Family Historian Projects folder, there is the Project folder.

If the Project name is XYZ then that folder is named XYZ

In that folder is the FH Project File named XYZ.fh_proj

Also, there is the FH data folder named XYZ.fh_data

That holds the GEDCOM file named XYZ.ged

If any one of those is disrupted then the Project has problems.

Mike Tate