Re: Marrying Cousins

Julia Vokes

I would wholeheartedly endorse Jenny’s comments.  I too have siblings marrying siblings, cousins marrying, sometimes across generations- first cousin once removed.  FH copes with it all brilliantly with the diagrams displaying coloured lines showing where the links are connected.  Makes things so much easier to see.  It’s also revealed some relationships that were not initially obvious.

Regards
Julia

On 30 Jan 2021, at 10:00, Jenny Cochrane via groups.io <cochranejenny@...> wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean by "linking to the shared grandparents". You should only link an individual to their parents. This will automatically link them to the appropriate grandparents.

If you are trying to put in a separate and additional link, that would explain the duplication. I have several sets of cousins marrying and have never had a problem. FH works fine with just about any kind of relationship!

When you link or add an individual to a family make sure you use the appropriate choice for Link to Existing Individual or a new individual where appropriate.

Best of luck

Jenny