From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: 03 February 2020 19:37
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] GEDCOM Duplication

Hi Geoffrey

FH has a File > Merge/Compare File command, but there are many pitfalls in using it successfully.

There are options for automatically synchronising duplicate records (not just Individuals but also Sources, Media, etc.)

Do NOT try and merge a GEDCOM file exported from MyHeritage directly with your main Project as that spells DISASTER.

There is much advice in the FUG Knowledge Base in the Merge/Compare File section:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=glossary:merge_compare_files

I suggest you join the FHUG and review the advice before proceeding, and ask any further questions in the Forum there.

Regards, Mike Tate