Re: Source Template

waltonnz

Thanks Mike, I spent hours trying to figure it out and found it just before your reply came in. You've confirmed that I now have the right answer. I'm loving the new vs 7.
Patricia

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 at 23:36, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

After Save and Close you will return to the Source Template Definitions dialogue where you use the Compare/Sync with Source Template Record…

There will be a red X against any that need syncing, so select one and View/Sync…

Then Perform Task and choose the new field definition to replace the old.

BTW: This new Who meta-field is not the same as the generic GEDCOM Where Within field, so won’t appear the same in exported GEDCOM files.

Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of waltonnz
Sent: 28 January 2021 23:03
To: Family Historian <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: [family-historian] Source Template

In vs 6 I had a source - Family Member -  and in the field "Where within" I would type something like Father James Dean. I'm now trying to venture into Source Templates and want to create as above. I've created a source Family Member in a collection called - My Templates. Now I want to create a field "Who"  to take the place of the "Where Within" field in the old Generic template. I've created the field, but when I try to use the template, the field "Who" isn't visible. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong please?

Patricia

._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#2793) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [post@...]