Re: Sources vs. Citations

Trevor Rix

@colevalleygirl Helen

Agreed, there are extraordinary quantities of records that are not on the internet. I spent cumulative months/years of my life consulting some of those records around the country.

But now I am spoilt. I have a huge backlog of images on the internet that keep coming way faster than I can evaluate them. Enough to keep me going for at least a decade. Until I get stuck on a particular line or need extra resources to prove or disprove a theory in which case I need to go visiting again. For example, two of us recently spent a whole day in a local record office photographing hundreds of frames/pages of court rolls/books of my village containing lots of reference to two lines of my ancestors.

Trevor