Re: FH6

Mike Tate

Does the FH V6 bought for Christmas come with a free upgrade to FH V7?

Was it a download bought from Calico Pie which should have a free upgrade, or bought elsewhere which may or may not have a free upgrade?

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of newcroft2015@...
Sent: 25 January 2021 10:46
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] FH6

Hello there
Hope you can help - I am in a right muddle. IT and tech scares me witless!  And I cannot get my usual friendly help in to help me out due to lock down! 

Due to various computer and laptop break downs etc etc I have FH6 installed on my PC but not on my laptop.  I have lost my licence number and cannot install on my new laptop. 

So family thought it would be a good idea to buy me FH6 for Christmas unknowingly before FH7 came out.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to load it and work with it yet.  Am I still able to load Version 6 and then upgrade to 7? 

Also, all my projects are saved in Dropbox -  FH opens in Dropbox and that is where I work on them.  If I delete the old version and install the new will my projects be save in Dropbox and will the new version open my projects from Dropbox?

Thanks for any help.  
Cynthia 

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.