From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Wilkinson
Sent: 24 January 2021 09:58
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Reassign Addresses to Place Names plugin.

Just a thought, have you tried using the Find and Replace option under the Edit menu, you can limit changes to just Places, or Addresses as you wish. I have successfully used this many times as well as the Search and Replace plugin. You would need to be careful if a place refers to more than one location though, i.e. Amsterdam and New Amsterdam. Just make a back up first though just in case and inspect the results output.

David Wilkinson

On 24/01/2021 08:16, UK kris wrote:

Thanks for that Victor,

When I started FH the vast majority of the family was based in Norfolk, and I thought “I know where Norfolk is”.  As time went on I found “foreigners”, and thought I know where Amsterdam is, etc., etc.,

It was only upgrading to 7 that I thought I really should tidy all the Addresses, Places and get consistency.  Hence my thinking “Oh, that plugin will do it easy.” Not so easy when I started looking at how many times I’ve changed adding in commas for blanks etc., ……

I saw Working with Places and Addresses for New Users and realised it’s a major revamp but as I am being asked by family  members for info I want to spend the time getting everything neat and tidy.

Kristeen